IPL Hair Removal – some myths debunked
BY FIONA FOWLEY, DIRECTOR
I am often asked what my beauty game-changer was. A specific product or treatment technique, perhaps. Or even some new advancement in medical cosmetics. For me – and thousands of other men and women – it was IPL, otherwise known as permanent hair removal.
Taking the hair-free plunge
I’ve had a lot of permanent hair reduction with Ellipse IPL (intense pulse light) on various parts of my body which has allowed me to wave goodbye to waxing and shaving and embrace being hair-free. As a working mum with never enough hours in the day, I love it. And whilst there’s many women out there who are also converts, including countless celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, others are nervous about taking the hair-free plunge.
And so, as we embrace September and our annual IPL offer which sees up to 50% off our courses, I’d like to dispel some common myths on IPL and laser hair removal.
- No pain, no gain? It’s virtually pain free and safe. In fact, all areas of the face and body can be treated with excellent results.
- Women Only. It’s absolutely for both men and women. In fact, we have a number of men who’ve waved goodbye to unwanted back or chest hair. The results are just as striking on both.
- Fast Results. Many clients see significant differences after as little as one session. However Ellipse IPL hair removal needs to be taken as a series of treatments to be effective and the number of treatments required depends on the areas treated and the type of hair. Clinical studies have shown that for both IPL and laser hair removal six or more treatments are normally required for long term results.
- How safe is it? I always say that the results are only as good as the therapist or salon you choose. Now, you may say I’m biased but permanent hair reduction is ultimately laser therapy and is not something to look for on the cheap. If an offer sounds too good to be true, then it probably is and cheap offers can often indicate cheap equipment. The best machines can cost up to £65,000 – but they are safer, the power output is better controlled, there are more sophisticated filters to protect the skin and they are more efficient…so fewer sessions to achieve results.
- I can find IPL or laser cheaper elsewhere. I know I wouldn’t cut corners with my body and skin and like everything in life, you get what you pay for. Getting a the treatment done with a very low price offer can often mean you are being treated on a cheap machine, you may require many more sessions to get a result and the safety controls are not so advanced. We use state of the art equipment from world leading supplier Ellipse in Denmark. Our therapists have been offering IPL hair removal for many years and are all trained and certified by Ellipse. And whilst Ellipse IPL doesn’t seem cheap compared to a single wax appointment, when it comes to an investment long-term, it makes for a sound one. After all, the cost of becoming permanently hair-free on your bikini line could be the equivalent of a year’s worth of bikini waxes – and I know which one I’d rather have!
Save money with with our September Offer
Our annual IPL promotion with up to 50% off is on until 30th September, with prices starting from just £24 per session.
Fiona Fowley - Founder and Director of Zen Lifestyle
Fiona Fowley is the beauty expert and entrepreneur behind the Zen Lifestyle salons. Originally a beauty therapist, Fiona realised there was a gap in the market to create a unique kind of customer experience in the UK beauty and spa industry. She created Zen Lifestyle to provide discerning clients with an exceptionally high standard of therapies in luxurious, beautifully designed surroundings. she has led the business to 18 national beauty awards, as well as being voted UK Salon of the Year 5 times.