Are you fed up saying goodbye to your tan as soon as your plane departs? We’ve got some tips for holding onto your tan for longer.
Our tips for a longer lasting tan
1. Moisturising – this is essential! Keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
2. Exfoliate – exfoliating once a week polishes off dead cells and leaves your skin bright, even and able to absorb creams getting more moisture where it’s needed. Priori do an amazing scrub for your face and body (Invigorating Face & Body scrub, £38, available at Zen) that also works as a mild peel revitalizing your skin and adding to your glow.
3. Cool showers – hot showers can dehydrate your skin which can lead to peeling!
4. Go orange – well, not literally, just when choosing food… carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes and apricots all contain beta-carotenes (the natural red, orange pigment found in certain foods) and, when eaten, they can re-create a sun kissed glow from within!
5. Drink plenty water – keeping hydrated will prolong the life of all cells as well as plumping and smoothing the skin. Adding fruit and drinking herbal teas are a great and tasty way to keep your water interesting.
6. Top it up – When your tan starts to fade top it up from the bottle! White to Brown (available at Zen, £12.50) gives a natural looking bronzed glow which you can do at home. Exfoliate in the evening, apply evenly and rinse off in the morning and you’re ready to go.
So now you know how you can enjoy your tan for longer!